Psychotherapy refers to a mental health treatment method where the patient talks to a psychologist, psychiatrist, or other mental health providers. When you attend psychotherapy, you discuss your thoughts, feelings, behaviors, and moods with a licensed professional. Your psychologist meanwhile works to equip you with skills to handle difficult situations and cope healthily with others. Here is a look at what you can expect from the San Pedro psychotherapy process.
Who Needs Psychotherapy?
Psychotherapy is often used as a standalone treatment or in conjunction with other therapies to address most mental health conditions. Psychotherapy can help you manage the symptoms of:
- Mood disorders like depression
- Anxiety disorders like PTSD and OCD
- Personality disorders like a dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders like bulimia
- Addictions like drug dependence
- Psychotic disorders like schizophrenia
That said, not everybody who sees a psychologist or psychiatrist has a diagnosed mental illness. These professionals can also help …