Home of the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
3.6By 2020, halve the number of global deaths and injuries from road traffic accidents. HIV is the leading cause of death for women of reproductive age worldwide. Adolescent girls and young women face gender-based inequalities, exclusion, discrimination and violence, which put them at increased risk of acquiring HIV.
- These include trauma centers, burn treatment centers, advanced neonatology unit services, organ transplants, high-risk pregnancy, radiation oncology, etc.
- Countries’ abilities to cope with and recover from the COVID-19 crisis.
- This year PAHO celebrates 120 years of active work in the public health arena of the Americas.
- 15 times more likely to die before the age of 5 than children in high income countries.
- There are also genetic disorders that are inherited by the person and can vary in how much they affect the person .
- Also the blood glucose recording needs a